Do you like noodles or Spaghetti…Wondered how it tastes with indian spices.. Try this variation called ‘Spaghetti Pulao’… Goodness of all veggies and flavour of indian spices all in one dish.
The dish looks like HAKKA noodles with all veggies. The Indian spices makes you feel you are having Pulao…
Enjoy this unique taste Pulao.
Yields: 3-4 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Whole wheat spaghetti-250 gms
- Sliced carrots-1 medium
- Sliced French beans-1/4 cup
- Sliced bell peppers/capsicum-1 medium
- Sliced onion-1 medium
- Cauliflower florets – 10-12 (washed and cleaned)
- Chopped tomatoes-2 medium
- Frozen peas-1/4 cup
- Minced ginger-1/2 inch
- Minced garlic-3 cloves
- Minced green chillies- 3
- Cinnamon-1 inch stick
- Bay leaf-1
- Green cardamom-2
- Star Anise/Chinese Star Anise- 2 petals
- Fennel seeds/saunf- 1 tsp
- Salt and ground pepper- to taste
- Olive oil-1 tablespoon
- Roasted nuts/ fried onions
- Bring large pot of water to boil, add in spaghetti, salt and cook as directed on package. Once cooked drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in the pan add in clove, cinnamon, fennel seeds, cardamom, anise petals, bay leaf and saute for 10-20 seconds.
- Then add in onion, minced ginger, garlic, green chillies and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add carrots, bell peppers, beans, Cauliflower florets and saute until heated but not completely cooked.
- Add tomatoes and peas season with salt, ground pepper saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add cooked and drained spaghetti and toss with vegetables until combined, simmer for 2-3 minutes more or until heated through.
- Turn off the flame -garnish with nuts
- Serve hot
Try serving this with Manchurian
- Whole spices can be discarded while biting or alternatively ground them to fine powder and use.
- Spices and Veggies can be personalised as per the taste.
- Spaghetti can be replaced with noodles/pasta and follow the same procedure.