Chocolate dipped Pineapple
These Frozen Chocolate Dipped Pineapple slices are super simple to assemble and require only 4 ingredients to make. With the kid’s summer vacation looming and hungry, snacking mouths to feed, these will be the perfect treat that is sure to please all those hungry kids. Customize this chocolate-dipped fruit recipe by using nuts or any coating of choice.
Consuming fruits and vegetables of all kinds has long been associated with a reduced risk of many lifestyle-related health conditions. Many studies have suggested that increasing consumption of plant foods like pineapples decreases the risk of obesity and overall mortality, diabetes, heart disease and promotes a healthy complexion and hair, increased energy, overall lower weight.
Yields- 18-20 slices
Preparation time-15 minutes
Waiting time- 30 minutes
- Pineapple – 1 Medium sized, skinned, cored
- Dark cooking chocolate-200gms
- Vegetable oil-2tsp
- Desiccated coconut- for coating
- Line the baking tray with the baking sheet/parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut the cored pineapple into 1” rings and then cut each ring into half.
- Pat dry the pineapple pieces with paper towel and place the pineapple slices on the prepared baking tray and freeze for about 10-15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate double boiler/microwave and then add the oil and stir well and continue to heat until completely melted.
- Remove the pineapple slices from the freezer, using a fork/tooth pick pierce on one part of pineapple slice and dip the other portion in melted chocolate and sprinkle some desiccated coconut/sprinkler.
- Place the dipped pineapple back on the baking sheet and repeat the process with the remaining pineapple pieces.
- Return the chocolate dipped pineapple slices back to freezer for 10minutes or until chocolate is set.
- You can substitute dark chocolate with milk chocolate/white chocolate can also be used
Posted on May 21, 2015, in Kids recipes and tagged chocolate pineapple, desiccated coconut coated pineapple., easy kids party dessert, fruit snacks, Kids easy healthy snacks, kids friendly snacks. Bookmark the permalink. 40 Comments.