Pav sweet potato bhaji – Bun Pizza
About: Pizza and Pav bhaji both are my favourite and so in this recipe just to fulfil my craving I topped pav bhaji with cheese and baked. sorry no pizza base here, I was very lazy to knead the dough and make the base this time so tried it on the whole meal bun/pav to make my job easier. A perfect accompaniment with a cup of coffee. This can be served as evening snack/for light dinner and or breakfast. Yields-4 servings Preparation time-15-20 minutes Cooking time-20 minutes Baking time-8-10 minutes Ingredients:
- Whole meal buns-4buns
- Light Sunflower spread/butter- for toasting
- Sweet potato-2medium
- Mixed vegetables-1cup (I used cauliflower, carrots, peas, French beans,
- Chopped tomatoes-2medium
- Chopped garlic-3cloves
- Chopped ginger-1inch piece
- Chopped Green chillies-1-2
- Pav bhaji masala-2-3tbsp
- Cumin seeds-1tsp
- Sunflower spread/butter-1tbsp
- Lemon juice
- Water- 1 ½-2cups of water or as per the consistency.
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Chopped coriander
- Finely Chopped onion
Procedure: Preparation step:
- Rinse and wash vegetables well, finely chop all the veggies, peel and chop sweet potatoes and set aside.
- Boil water in a sauce pan and chopped sweet potatoes, vegetables and boil until completely cooked .
- Once the vegetables are cooked mash them using a masher and keep aside.
- Heat sunflower spread in a pan as it melts add cumin seeds, when it sizzles add chopped onions and saute till they become translucent.
- Add chopped ginger-garlic, green chillies and saute for few seconds.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook until mushy.
- Add turmeric, pav bhaji masala mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add cooked and mashed vegetables and water, season with some salt mix wel, keep stirring occasionally and simmer for 8-10 minutes. (add extra water if the bhaji thickens- the bhaji should be neither very thick nor thin)
- Turn off the flame and stir in some lemon juice.
- Slice the buns to half and spread some sunflower spread/butter on each halves of buns
- Heat the pan/skillet and toast the pavs on the pan for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve hot with bhaji and top with onions
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 deg C (Fan assisted), line the baking tray with baking sheet and set aside.
- Slice buns to half and spread some sunflower spread on each half of the bun, top with 2-3 tablespoon of bhaji, sprinkle some cheese and place on the prepared baking tray.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 8-10 minutes/until the cheese melts.
- Top it with chopped coriander and serve.
- Spices and combination of vegetables can be personalised as per the taste
Posted on May 20, 2015, in Indian, Starters and tagged brown bun pizza, bun pav pizza, easy no-bake pizza, easy snacks, healthy sweet potato bhaji, sweet potato bhaji. Bookmark the permalink. 26 Comments.