Rose flavoured Dates – Falooda
About: This is a very easy to make dessert and a great way to impress your guests without boring them with the usual desserts.
Falooda is a popular desert served with basil seeds, falooda sev, rabdi, rose syrup and kulfi or ice cream. Here in this recipe I have sweetened the milk with dates. If you like it to be served as sugar free/diabetic friendly then skip ice cream and rose syrup just use dates as a sweetener and serve with fruits, nuts, noodles and sabza seeds.
Health benefits: The basil seed gets extracted from basil leaves, which alleged as one of the most beneficial herb, running outstanding in response from olden days. The basil seeds and the basil leave both works marvellously to treat and cure several health complications. The seeds of basil found helpful to mend and promote efficient immune function.
Yields-2 -3 servings
Preparation time- 10 minutes
Waiting time-1 hour (to serve chilled) Ingredients:
- Low fat Milk- 2 glasses
- Brown thin noodles-1/4 cup
- Dates- 8-10 (seeded and chopped)
- Sabja/basil seeds-2 tbsp
- Rose syrup- 3-4 tbsp
- Chopped pistachio (or any nuts of choice)
- Ice cream (optional)
Preparing sabza seeds:
- Soak the sabza/basil seeds in 1 glass of water for 10 minutes.
- After soaking time-drain all the excess water and set aside.
- Place dates in the blender with few tablespoon of milk and ground to smooth paste.
- Add this dates paste to milk stir well and then chill it in the refrigerator until served.
- Soak noodles in hot water for 15-20 minutes
- Once the noodles are soft drain, cut them into small 1 inch pieces and set aside.
- Once everything is ready start assembling falooda:
Setp 1 – Divide the soaked basil/sabza seeds equally into 2- 3 glasses Step 2 – Now add 1-2tbsp of noodles. Step 3 – Add 1-2tbsp of rose syrup (add less or more as per taste) Step 4 – Then pour the cold milk
- Garnish with nuts and pomegranate and serve
- Top it with a small scoop of ice cream and then garnish with pistachio, pomegranate.
- Serve immediately.
- I used boiled and cooled low fat milk.
- Sweetness can be adjusted as per the taste.
- Layering of falooda can be personalised.
- Basil seeds are also popularly known as chia, subja or tukmaria seeds, selasih, etc.,
Posted on May 28, 2015, in Dessert, Indian, International, Sweets and tagged 5 ingredients dessert, chinese brown noodles falooda, Dates rose faloods, no-sugar falooda, quick and easy indian dessert, rose faloods, wheat vermicelli falooda. Bookmark the permalink. 38 Comments.