Guacamole – Avocado walnut dip/spread
Guacamole, a Mexican dish consists primarily mashed avocado. A small amount of seasonings such as lemon juice, chili powder, onion, tomatoes and cilantro are often added to enhance the flavor. For extra nutty taste I included walnut in this dip as a variation.
You can use guacamole as a dip, topping or as a side dish. This is commonly served with tortilla chips in Mexican restaurants. This can also be used as a dip for salad vegetables rather than chips which lowers the calorie intake.
Avocados and therefore guacamole provide a good source of energy and fat. How ever the fat present is healthy unsaturated fat, which is a type of fat beneficial to your health. As this fat digest slowly, it keeps you full for longer. this factor aids in weight loss when eaten in moderation.
Yields: 1 cup
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Ripe avocados-2
- Garlic-2 cloves
- Chopped Tomato- 1num
- Lemon juice-1 ½- 2tbsp
- Green chillies- 2num (optional)
- Cilantro – A handful
- Salt-as per taste
- Remove avocado flesh from the skin by cutting it in half, remove the seeds and scoop out the flesh.
- Combine avocado, tomato, lemon juice, walnuts, garlic cloves, salt, chilies in the food processor, process until smooth.
- (haven’t used any water while processing if you desire thinner consistency add water)
- Once processed transfer to the serving bowl , garnish with herbs and serve as a spread/dip.
Serve it as a Dip with:
- You can skip green chilli to remove the spicy from dip
- Can drizzle some olive oil before serving
Posted on May 30, 2015, in Dips, Indian, International and tagged Avocado dip, Avocado healthy recipes, Avocado walnut dip, Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Guacamole healthy dip, Walnut dip. Bookmark the permalink. 25 Comments.