Chickpeas-poha patties/cutlet made on Stove top
Patties/Cutlet are nutritious and healthy choice. They can be eaten by themselves as a snack Or for Breakfast. They can also be added to make Burgers and Sandwiches to make it a meal.
Poha is also known as flattened rice/beaten rice. Poha and chickpeas are a good source of complex carbohydrates that provide energy and also high in fiber, rich in protein. So this makes a healthy option for breakfast to start your day with as it boosts energy
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Canned chickpeas-1 can (250gms)
- Finely chopped onion-1num
- Grated carrot-1num
- Thin Poha/flattened rice-1/2cup
- Green chilli paste-1tbsp
- Garlic paste-2tsp
- Chaat masala-1/2tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Chopped coriander- a handful
- Roasted crushed peanuts- 2tbsp
- Oil-for brushing
- Drain and rinse chickpeas thoroughly and mash it using potato masher and set aside.
- Combine cornflour in 3-4tbsp of water and set aside.
- Wash and soak poha/flattened rice for 5mins , drain and squeeze to remove excess water and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add mashed chickpeas, soaked and drained poha, chilli- garlic paste, salt, chat masala, crushed peanuts, onion, carrot, coriander and mix well .
- Take 2tablespoon of mixture and flatten them to desired shape, brush with corn flour mixture. (this coating makes outer covering crispy)
- Heat a non-stick tawa/griddle over medium high flame, grease some oil and place 3-4patties at a time and shallow fry for 3-4 minutes/until golden brown, flip and cook other side until cooked.
- Once cooked transfer to the serving plate.
- This can also be served as burgers and bread sandwich by spreading some spread on slices, patty and salads which can be packed for kids lunch box and snacks..
- If your using thick poha the soaking time varies as it takes longer time, I used thin poha here,
- Can add bread crumbs instead of flatten rice.
- You can even coat with egg white and dip in bread crumbs.
Posted on June 10, 2015, in Appetizers, Breakfast, Indian, International, Starters, Vegan and tagged chickpea patty/ burger, Chickpeas tikkies, Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Healthy cutlet recipe, Healthy Patties for burger, high protein break fast, poha cutlet; Vegan breakfast recipes, Vegan indian recipes. Bookmark the permalink. 33 Comments.