Banana fruit boat sundae
Summer and refreshing deserts pair up perfectly! There is nothing like a sundae after the end of a fun summer day.
Usually the sundaes are filled with icecream, fruit sugary sauces. However, my recreation of the banana boat sundae still has the flavor but cuts out the unnecessary sugar, fat and calories for a deliciously healthy treat.
- Preparation time – 10 minutes
- Finely diced pineapple-1/4cup
- Finely diced-strawberries-1/4 cup
- Finely diced apple-1/8cup
- finely diced mango-1/2cup
- Lemon juice-1-2 tsp
For yogurt topping:
- Low fat Greek yogurt-1/2cup
- Honey/maple syrup-1-2tbsp (adjust as per the sweet desired)
- Vanilla extract-2tsp
For serving: (optional)
- Roughly chopped mixed nuts (almonds, walnuts, pistachio, pecan nuts)
- Chocolate sauce/berry sauce can be used.
- Cut the banana lengthwise into two halves. Place along the outside of a boat shaped dish or any dish/plate will do.
- In a small bowl combine pineapple, strawberries, mango, apple, lemon juice and mix well.
- In other small bowl combine yogurt, vanilla essence, honey and mix well.
- In a dish where banana is placed, put the fruit mixture in between two halves on the bottom of the banana boat.
- Then put 1 or 2 spoons of yogurt mixture on top of fruit layer.
- Finally top with chopped nuts and drizzle some chocolate or berry sauce if desired and serve immediately.
Grab a spoon and dig in. Enjoy!
- Honey or maple syrup can be replaced with sugar/stevia or any sweetener of choice
- Combination of fruits can be personalised as per the taste
- For more thicker version of yogurt I used hung curd (Where Yogurt is tied in a cloth and hung for sometime until water drips away) so it was easy to scoop like an ice cream
Posted on July 10, 2015, in Dessert, Indian, International, Sweets and tagged banana fruits dessert, banana split sundae, Cream free dessert, East dessert ideas, fruit dessert, healthy low sugar dessert, no bake dessert, yogurt fruit sundae. Bookmark the permalink. 33 Comments.