Orange oats snack (Bhel) – Scheduled post and am away for a month
Hope you all well..I will be on a visit to India and back in 4 weeks. However will try to stay connected with you all as and when time permits and plan some scheduled posts.
Do stay connected and visit my blog. I will look forward to your feedbacks.
One always looks for a healthy breakfast recipes and sometimes for snacks…This recipe is inspired from Indian bhelpuri chaats. I have customised with an addition of fresh orange juice, so you get all tangy and savoury taste in this recipe.
Oats can help keep your body lean and strong because it is full of fiber that keeps your stomachs fuller longer. Also helps to lower ones Cholesterol and blood sugar levels. A US research lab found that Drinking orange juice along with oats meal cleansed arteries and prevents heart attacks with twice efficiency than consuming just bowl of oats.
Cooking time: 7-10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- Rolled oats-1cup
- Onion finely chopped – 1/4 cup
- Capsicum chopped -1/4 cup
- Cucumber finely chopped -1/4cup
- Chopped Cherry Tomatoes – 1/4 cup
- Salt-as required
- Chilli powder-1tsp (As per your taste)
- Jeera powder-1tsp
- Chat masala-1/2tsp (Optional)
- Orange juice – 2 fresh oranges (1/4 cup)
- Coriander finely chopped
- Roasted peanuts – handful
- In a pan add oats and fry for 3-4 minutes/ until slightly brown.
- Then add Onion, Capsicum saute few minutes and then add Cucumber, tomatoes and mix well
- Add the dry ingredients like Chilli powder, Jeera powder, Chat masala, Salt and mix well
- Turn off flame stir in orange juice. Cover let it sit for 4 – 5 minutes so orange gets obsorbed
- Garnish with coriander and roasted peanuts
- Add roasted peanuts to the bhel if required –it adds crunchy taste to the snack
- Adding orange juice earlier will take away the taste of oranges in the dish
I am bringing this recipe to Angie’s Fiesta Friday #42
Posted on August 10, 2015, in Indian, Starters and tagged Bhel, drchdietfood, healthy bhel recipes, Healthy breakfast recipes, Healthy chats, healthy street food, Indian snack, oats, oats indian recipes, orange recipes. Bookmark the permalink. 26 Comments.