Roasted eggplant/aubergine slices
This is such an easy one to try, not much preparation, really tasty. The aubergine slices can also be cooked in oven/grill.
Roasted eggplant is a great starter,side dish it’s both delicious and beautiful. And there is no need to tell you what an excellent and healthy appetizer, these roasted Eggplant are! You can even serve them as side dish. You have to try them next time you are having a barbecue or friends over
Preparation time-15 minutes
Cooking time-15 minutes (per batch)
- Corn starch/flour-2tsp (or as required to coat)
- Rice flour-2tsp
- Chilli powder-1tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Lemon juice-1tbsp
- Oil- 1tbsp+for shallow frying
- Rinse eggplant and using a knife and cut into ¼ “ thick slices .
- Now soak the sliced eggplant in salted water for 15-20 minutes. Remove and pat dry all the slices.
- Now in a bowl combine all the spice powders, rice flour, corn starch, lemon juice, oil and mix well. Marinate the slices well in the spice mix for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan brush some oil and place the marinated aubergine slices and shallow fry until the slices are crisp and golden brown on both sides.
- Once cooked transfer on the paper tissues.
- Serve the slices woth yogurt dip or topped with some salads/as a starter.
Posted on September 21, 2015, in Indian, Side dish, Starters and tagged aubergine starters, easy snacks, eggplant/ aubergine snacks, healthy appetizer, Indian healthy snacks ideas, Indian starter, low oil starters, no fry starters, pan fried healthy starters, Quick to make starters. Bookmark the permalink. 61 Comments.