Wholemeal Candid Fruits Cake – Eggless
This cake brings back memories of dad venturing out the Annual Nilgiris Cake Show at Bangalore, India every year when we were kids, and bringing home a delicious load of these eggless delights.
This fruit/plum cake is a sweet bread loaded with candied fruits. This cake is a true show-stopper. It’s stunning, and the flavor lives up to its looks. The cake is incredibly soft and sweet, and just loaded with full of nuts and candied fruits with a ting of cinnamon, nutmeg flavour.
Makes: 8-10 slices
Baking time: 30-35 minutes
- Whole meal flour-1 ½ cup
- Milk powder-2tbsp
- Brown sugar- 1/2cup (adjust as per the sweet preffered)
- Tutti frutti-1/4cup (optional)
- Roughly chopped nuts-1/4cup (I used almonds, pistachio, cashews)
- Baking powder-1tsp
- Baking soda-1/2tsp
- Cinnamon powder-1/2tsp
- Nutmeg powder-1/4tsp
- Vegetable oil/olive oil-3tbsp
- Honey-1/4 cup
- Vanilla extract-1tsp
- Cider vinegar-1tsp
- Warm water-1/2cup or (as required depending on the batter consistency)
• Pre-heat the oven at 150deg c (fan assited) and grease and line the loaf pan.
• Sift flour, milk powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg powder in a mixing bowl.
• Mix tutti frutti/candied fruits and nuts along with the flour mixture. (mixing with flour prevents it from sinking to bottom)
• In other bowl combine sugar along with honey, vanilla, yogurt , oil and whisk until frothy, stir in vinegar.
• Pour the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and gently fold to combine with whisk.
• Add warm water little at a time until you achieve the batter consistency.
• Pour this into the greased tin and bake for 40-45 minutes/ until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Slice and enjoy with your favourite hot drink.
• Just as an healthy option I used wholemeal flour you can use white flour instead
• Nuts and candied fruits can be personalised as per the taste.
• Brown sugar together can be replaced with regular sugar or just replace honey with sugar.
Posted on December 6, 2015, in Dessert, International, Kids recipes, Vegan and tagged Christmas eggless cake, drchdietfood, eggless cake, eggless cake recipe, honey cakes, Indian style cake, plum cake, prakruthi honey, prakruthi honey bangalore, Tooti Fruity cake, tuti fruit cake, wholewheat eggless cake. Bookmark the permalink. 37 Comments.