Chocolate Vanilla Swirl Muffins (Marble Muffins)
I wanted to make a cupcakes for my daughter school party. She loves both chocolate and vanilla flavour. I could not decide which to make – vanilla or chocolate? Vanilla or chocolate? Finally, I decided just to make both – and mix them together.
Chocolate Vanilla Marble Cupcakes: Rich chocolate cake is swirled with classic vanilla to create one incredible cupcake. Serve as is or Top it with chocolate and vanilla swirled frosting for the perfect marble muffins!
- Wheat flour-1 1/2cup
- Baking soda-1tsp
- Baking powder-1/2tsp
- Skimmed Milk powder-2-3tbsp
For chocolate layer:
- Cocoa powder-2-3tbsp
- Hot water-1-2tbsp
- Vegetable oil-1/4cup
- Cider vinegar-2tsp
- Brown sugar-3/4cup
- Vanilla essence-1tbsp
- Hot water -1/4 cup (Adjust as per consistency required)
- Combine milk and vinegar in a bowl and set aside until required.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180deg C (Fan assisted) line the muffin tray with liners.
- In a medium bowl sift in whole wheat flour, milk powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt in bowl and set aside.
- In other bowl whisk in oil, sugar and to this add the milk and vinegar mixture. Now to this add dry ingredients and mix slowly until combined.
- Once the batter has come together, separate it evenly it evenly into two bowls.
- In one bowl add cocoa powder (If required add 1 – 2 tbsp to adjust consistency) into one of the bowl and stir.
- In another bowl add Vanilla essence and stir until combined.
- To make a layered/striped muffins place one tbsp Vanilla batter and then chocolate batter on the top. Continue doing this until the muffin mould is 2/3 full. (Make sure not to tilt or jiggle the pan, let the batter spread by itself)
- Once all the muffin cases are filled bake approx. 15-18 minutes (time may vary from oven to oven so keep an eye after 12 minutes of baking)
- Do a toothpick check- if the toothpick inserted comes out clear its done.
- And then let the cupcakes cool a bit and then transfer on to the cooling rack.
- Frosting can be done if required.
- Sweetness can be personlised
- Batter consistency to be adjusted as per Cocoa powder added
- Milk powder can be replaced with Milk. In that case water can be skipped or you can add water as per batter consistency
Posted on December 13, 2015, in Dessert, International, Kids recipes and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, chocolate -vanilla layered muffins, chocolate vanilla layer, Christmas muffins ideas, drch baking, drchdietfood, eggless baking ideas. ., eggless muffins, Healthy muffin recipes, Low calorie muffin recipes, milk powder muffins, striped chocolate -vanilla muffins, vegetable oil muffins, yogurt muffins, Zebra muffins. Bookmark the permalink. 112 Comments.