Savoury snack/Granola – Red Thin Flatten Rice/Poha and Oats
There is so much to love about this Savoury Granola. With crunchiness of flattened rice and the nutty taste from peanuts and roasted split peas with bits of coconut makes it so hearty and delightful.
This savoury granola will disappear very quickly. It is so aromatic when its oozing out its flavours while roasting.
During this cold weather you can enjoy with a bowl of this snack and your favourite hot drink. This also makes perfect for On the Go snack.
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
- Red rice flakes/flattened rice/Poha – 2 cups
- Oats – ¼ cup
- Mustard seeds-1tsp
- Green chillies slit-2num
- Curry leaves-6-7
- Red chilli powder-2tsp
- Finely chopped garlic-1tbsp
- Chopped dry coconut-2tbsp (Optional)
- Roasted Daria/Split peas – 1/4cup
- Salt- as per taste
- In a non-stick pan dry roast peanuts, Split peas separately one after the other. ( You can even use store bought roasted peanuts)
- Dry roast Poha and Oats it in the same pan for 4-5 minutes.
- Now heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds, as it splutters add curry leaves, green chillies, garlic, dry coconut and saute for 2-3minutes/ until slightly golden. Turn off the flame.
- Add turmeric, chilli powder, salt, roasted peanuts, split peas, poha and toss.
- When completely cooled, store in an airtight container in a cool dry place.
- You can use store bought roasted peanuts and split peas as well.
- You can even deep fry poha. peanuts, split peas that makes it more crispier, just as a healthy option have chosen to dry roast
- You can replace Red poha with Thin Flattened rice (White)
Posted on January 24, 2016, in Breakfast, Indian, Starters and tagged easy healthy snacks, Healthy breakfast, healthy evening snacks, healthy on the go snacks, indian healthy chivda recipes, Indian snacks, oats -flatten rice chivda, oats chivda, poha recipes, red flatten rice recipes, Red rice flakes recipe, Savoury granola, Thin poha recipes. Bookmark the permalink. 39 Comments.