Tomato, Brown rice and Red lentils – Instant Dosa/Crepes (Zero Oil)
I’m always looking for time savers, particularly when it comes to breakfast/Dinner. But with how it’s served, the fabulous Orange-ish color and the light and fluffy texture.
Tomato in a dosa adds a nice flavour and taste. This dosa recipe is quite unique unlike traditional recipe; here the batter need not be fermented. Tomato adds its tanginess and makes the batter to use immediately like an instant dosa.
Yields: 12-15 dosas
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes (2-3 minutes/dosa)
- Brown rice-1cup
- Red lentils/masoor dal-1/4cup
- Poha/flattened rice-a handful
- Fenugreek seeds-2tsp
- Chopped tomatoes-3medium
- Salt-to taste
- Rince and soak rice, red lentils, flattened rice, fenugreek seeds and soak for 5-6 hours.
- Once soaked drain and set aside.
- Add chopped tomatoes in a food processor/blender and blend to smooth, to this add in soaked –drained rice, dal and blend to smooth paste.
- The batter can be used immediately or save and use later. (it can be stored in the refrigerator for 1-2days)
To make dosas:
- Add salt to the batter mix well.
- Heat a griddle/tawa on a medium flame.
- Take a ladleful of batter and spread evenly from centre in a circular motion. (Can drizzle some oil if required)
- And cook until golden, flip it over and cook other side if required (if the dosa is spread thin usually I cook only on one side so depends on the thickness)
- This dosas can be made thick/thin.
- White rice/ parboiled rice can be used alternatively to brown rice
- If red lentils not available handy it be replaced partially/completely with urad dal/yellow moong dal.
- Using non-stick tava helped to get dosa oil free; If required Oil can be added
- Spices and Onion can be included in dosas and personalised.
Posted on March 10, 2016, in Breakfast, Indian, Main dish and tagged brown rice dosas, healthy instant dosas, instant dosa, masoor dal in dosas, no ferment dosas, red lentil dosas, set dosas, spongy brown rice dosas, Tomato dosas recipe, Urad dal free dosas. Bookmark the permalink. 62 Comments.