Orange Amla/gooseberry Drink/juice
In this vibrant, healthy gooseberry/amla-orange juice recipe, we jazz up plain orange juice by adding amla, to pack in immune-boosting vitamins C.
Fresh orange juice recipes are the best. There’s nothing like it on the planet. Great for breakfast or a juicy snack.
Orange juice is a good source of Vitamin C, B1, folate, potassium, zinc, phosphorus, Aids in digestion, Clears up some skin problems. It also help protect you from colds, flu, bruising, heart disease and strokes because it helps to strengthen your immune system
Amla, is the Indian gooseberry. As amla tastes sour due to the high amount of Vitamin C present in it makes it up by leaving a sweet aftertaste on the your taste buds.
Preparation time-5 minutes
- Orange juice-1cup (from fresh oranges)
- Amla/indian gooseberries-2-3 (de-seeded and chopped)
- Honey/agave nectar-2-3tbsp
- Black salt-1/2tsp (can replace with table salt)
- Ground cardamom powder-1/4tsp
- Water-1/2-3/4cup (adjust as per the taste)
- Ice cubes –for serving
- Combine orange juice, chopped gooseberry chunks in a belnder/juicer and whizz until gooseberries are crushed.
- Now add black salt, honey, ground cardamom and whizz again until combined well.
- Transfer it a serving glass, top it with some ice cubes and serve immediately.
- Honey/agave nectar can be replaced with jaggery/brown sugar or any sweetener of choice.
Posted on May 21, 2016, in Indian and tagged Aamla recipes, cardamom flavoured drinks, Orange Amla drinks, Orange summer drink, refined sugar free drinks, summer drinks. Bookmark the permalink. 11 Comments.