Spinach Onion Raita/Dip
My family is certainly familiar–and very fond of–spinach dip. This dip has a tiny kick of heat from the red chilli powder, and the pinch of ground cumin/fennel really livens everything up, balancing out the tangy Greek yogurt perfectly. Together with heaps of red pepper and, of course, all that spinach, the flavours are amazing.
This healthy spinach dip is , and has plenty of Greek yogurt to transform them into a creamy, protein-packed dip that’s perfect for smothering with breads/parathas/rice dishes
Cooking time: 3-5 minutes
• Spinach-1 cup
• Finely chopped onion- 1 medium
• Low fat Greek yogurt-1 cup
• Oil- 2tsp
• Mustard seeds-1tsp
• Roasted fennel powder/ cumin powder- 1/2tsp
• Red chilli powder-1/4tsp
• Pepper powder-as per taste (optional)
• Salt- as per taste
• Wash and finely chop the spinach leaves.
• Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds, as it splutters add onion, spinach and saute for a minute or two.
• Turn off the flame and allow it to cool completely.
• In a bowl whisk yogurt, chilli powder, pepper powder, fennel powder and salt.
• To this stir in sauted Onion and Spinach
For more enhanced flavour refrigerate for an hour
Serve chiiled with:
• Use either fresh or frozen spinach.
• Spices can be used according to personal preferences and taste.