Bun Boat Pizza
Bun pizza is a quick and easy recipe which is perfect even for kids lunch box/snack during weekend. This is fun mini pizzas on the burger buns made with your favourite toppings.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Baking time: 8-10 minutes
- Whole wheat buns -4
- Finely chopped onion-1
- Pasta/pizza sauce-1/4cup
- Low fat grated Mozzarella cheese
- Dried Italian herbs-1/2tsp
- Olive oil-to brush
- Pre-heat the oven at 200deg, line the baking tray and set aside.
- Slit buns in half horizontally.
- Spread pizza/pasta sauce on bun slices.
- Top it with onions.
- Sprinkle some cheese, herbs and finally drizzle some olive oil.
- Arrange on the lined baking tray and bake for 6-8minutes/until the cheese melts and buns are slightly crispy.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
- Toppings can be personalised.
- I used homemade buns for this recipe-I made bun dough for stuffed bun and used same to make plain buns-just follow the same procedure just that without stuffing(Link)
I am bringing this recipe to Angie’s FF#33