I 2 (Indo – Italian) : Capsicum paneer pasta with Basil and Parsley
This is a delicious pasta with the fusion recipe I tried to cook pasta in capsicum paneer masala gravy. Made few variations in gravy by adding basil and parsley and tried to make this as indo-italian version.
Basil and parsley add Italian taste to pasta and paneer and capsicum gravy adds indian touch in this recipe.
Health benefits of basil:
Basil (known as tulsi in Hindi) has been used for centuries in Ayurveda, a traditional Indian system of medicine, as a treatment for gastric, hepatic, respiratory and inflammatory disorders as well as a remedy for headache, fever, anxiety, convulsions, nausea and hypertension.
Do try this variation with your favourite veggies and spices.
Preparation time-15 minutes
Cooking time-30 minutes
- Whole wheat pasta-400gms
- Low fat Paneer cubes-100gms
- Diced bell peppers/capsicum-1medium
- Chopped Basil leaves-8-10
- Chopped tomato-3medium
- Chopped onion-1medium
- Chopped ginger- 1tsp
- Chopped garlic-2-3cloves
- Chilli powder-1/2tsp
- Chopped parsley-2tbsp
- Salt- to taste
- Olive oil-2tsp
- Combine onion, tomato, ginger, garlic in a blender/food processor and blend to the smooth puree and set aside.
- Heat water in a large pot and add in pasta, 1/4tsp salt and cook pasta as per the package instruction on till al dente, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan when hot add in ground puree and cook on a medium low flame for 3-4minutes.
- Then add in chilli powder, turmeric mix well and cook for 2-3minutes/ until the raw flavour goes off.
- Now add diced bell peppers and saute until they are tender, add paneer cubes, basil, salt mix well and cook for another 2-3minutes/until the paneer is coated well in the sauce.
- Add the cooked pasta to paneer capsicum gravy and toss well without breaking paneer cubes and continue to cook until heated through.
- Once heated through and pasta is coated well turn off the flame.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve hot.
- Peas/onion or any vegetables can be included for variation.
- Spices can be presonalised as per the taste.