Dill tomato salsa
If you are looking to make a salsa with fresh ingredients, this recipe is perfect for you. This recipe uses fresh ingredients such as tomatoes, green pepper, onion, jalapeno pepper, cilantro and dill leaves. Used dill as I love its flavour in dip, to make a quick and delicious salsa. This salsa goes great with tortilla chips and it can be served on your favorite tacos as well.
Preparation time-10 minutes
- Chopped tomatoes-3-4
- Chopped bell peppers-1medium
- Chopped red onion-1/2cup
- Chopped cilantro-1/4cup
- Chopped dill leaves-a handful
- Chopped Jalapeno-1 (seeds can be removed to reduce the spice)
- Lime juice-2tbsp
- Ground cumin-1/2tsp
- Salt- to taste
- In a medium bowl add the tomatoes, green bell pepper, onion, cilantro, and jalapeno pepper. Add the lime juice, cumin, salt, and ground black pepper. Mix well.
- Let it sit for 20-30minutes at room temperature before serving
- If you don’t like hot in your dips skip jalopenos.
- I used Dill as it imparts a aromatic flavour to the dip, you can just use cilantro and skip dill if you don’t like its flavour/taste
- You may want to adjust the seasonings to your taste adding more or less cumin, salt and pepper as needed.
- If you are worried about the salsa being too spicy, you could seed the jalapeno peppers. Enjoy.