The tacos are filled with roasted bell peppers, tofu, Aubergine which were marinated first in chilli sauce, olive oil with herbs. Roasted marinated vegetables and tofu made them smoky-flavoured and delicious. It’s the Pistachio-rosemary spread which adds the extra flavour and nutty taste and a unique blend to the tacos.
Roasting an eggplant, the flesh became completely tender, and adding that to the puree resulted in a lighter tasting spread with a creamy smooth texture.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Firm tofu-200gms
- Olive oil-1tbsp
- Tomato chilli sauce-1/4cup (I used homemade- Recipe click here)
- Corn starch-2tsp
- Chopped parsley-2tbsp
- Ground cumin-1tsp
- Salt- to taste
- diced-aubergine-1 large
- Diced bell peppers/capsicum-2medium
- Diced red onions-2medium
- Tortillas/taco shells
- Rosemary-pistachio yogurt spread- (Recipe click here)
- Chopped parsley
- Pre-heat the oven at 200deg C. grease the baking dish/tray and set aside.
- Drain tofu completely and place on the tissue/muslin cloth wrap and place some weight and stand for 20-30minutes until moisture drains completely. Once moisture evaporates cube the tofu and set aside.
- In a bowl combine chilli tomato sauce, corn starch, oil, cumin powder, parsley, salt and mix well.
- Add the bell peppers, aubergine, tofu and toss well let it stand for 5-10minutes.
- Spread the marinated veggies on the prepared baking tray/dish and bake for 15-20minutes/until veggies are tender.
- Warm the tacos/tortillas in the oven after roasting the veggies.
- Spread each tortilla/taco shells with a tablespoon of rosemary-pistachio spread, spoon the roasted veggies and fold up the tacos and serve.
- I used homemade tomato-chilli sauce to marinate veggies alternatively store bought can be used but may vary in taste.
- Chilli powder and any other spices or herbs of choice can be used alternatively to tomato-chilli sauce.