Cheese stuffed potato balls – Baked
A delicious appetizer or side dish, baked potato balls skip the frying and utilize high-heat baking to achieve a delightfully crispy exterior, to contrast the creamy interior. Serve these tasty potato balls with sour cream or dipping sauces
They’re so soft and mushy on the inside full of goodness and crispy and delicious on the outside. Bring a fantastic dish to a party or serve something a little different.
Yields: 12-15 (depends on the size of the potato)
Preparation time-25-30 minutes (cooking time of potato)
Baking time-30 minutes
- Potato-2 large
- Salt- to taste
- Cheddar cheese-50-75 gms (preferably low-fat cheese)
- Rosemary-1 spring
- Garlic powder- 2tsp
- Crushed black pepper- 1/2tsp
- Oil- for baking
- Any Milk of choice-1/4 cup
- Corn starch-2 tbsp
- Bread crumbs-1/2 cup
- Dried herbs-1/4 tsp (optional)
- Peel and quarter the potatoes. Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Add salt and place quartered potatoes in the pot and cook for 15-20 minutes or until fork tender, drain. Allow it to cool a bit and then mash it using a masher and add salt, chilli powder and mix well until combined and divide into equal portions and keep aside.
- Place cheese, rosemary, garlic powder, crushed black pepper in a food processor whizz until crushed.
- Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In one shallow bowl whisk corn starch, milk and set aside.
- In another shallow bowl combine bread crumbs, dried herbs and set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 deg C. line the baking tray with baking sheet, grease and keep aside.
- Now press the centre of each ball and fill with a spoon of cheese mixture and then wrap the potato around the cheese and continue with the rest of the potato and cheese.
- Dip the potato balls into the milk-corn starch mixture and then roll into the breadcrumbs and repeat twice to coat well.
- Then arrange the coated potato-cheese balls in the prepared baking tray.
- Spray the potato balls with olive oil spray and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden flipping halfway.
Serve hot with tomato chilli sauce (recipe click here)
- If you love more cheese in stuffing feel free to add more.