Oats and Radish (Mooli) stuffed Paratha – Zero Oil
This is Indian flat bread stuffed with Mooli (Radish) and Oats. It can be served for breakfast/lunch with any yogurt or curry of choice. This stuffed breads needs a good sturdy dough as the radish oozes out water even after squeezing it so the oats helps to imbibe the water and makes a stiff stuffing. The spicy and flavourful stuffing makes it tasty and can be relished on its own. It is a perfect, easy to carry dish for long journeys and picnic and brings a welcome break from routine stuffed Aloo (Potato) Paratha as it has little spicy touch.
Quantity: 7-8 parathas
Preparation time: 14-16 minutes (each paratha takes ~ 1 ½- 2 minutes)
Waiting time: 15-20 minutes
- Wheat flour-1 ½ cup
- Warm water- enough to make the dough
- Dry flour- for dusting
- Mooli/Radish- 1 to 1 1/4 cup
- Oats – 1/2 cup
- Green chilli- 3-4 num
- Coriander- Handful fresh chopped leaves
- Roasted peanuts- 2tbsp
- Dried Mango powder – 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt-for taste
- Prepare the dough and keep it aside.
- Grate the mooli/radish and keep aside for 15-20 minutes and later squeeze the water from it.
- In a mixer jar add blend coriander, mint, green chilli and peanuts to paste without adding any water.
- Add ground mixture, Cumin, Fennel Seeds and dried mango powder to the squeezed mooli and mix well (Adding Oats helps to remove excess water in Mooli) and divide the stuffing into 7-8 equal portions.
- Now take the lemon sized ball of the dough and roll them into a small circle for poori size and place 1 – 2 spoons of stuffing in the centre and tuck the sides to cover the stuffing
- Slightly dust the dry flour and roll to 5 -6 inch diameter.
- Place it on the heated tawa and cook on the medium flame. When you see bubbles rising on the surface, flip it over and cook on the other side until golden brown.
- Stuffed paratha with mooli is ready transfer it to the plate
Serve with any Raita/Yogurt dip.
- Squeezing water from mooli help the parathas from breaking while rolling the dough.
- Radish juice can be used to make the dough instead of water
- Add 1-2tbsp of oats to the stuffing if you feel the stuffing is still wet before stuffing.
- Oil can be used for toasting if desired