Kadai Mushroom – Low oil
This curry is an exotic preparation of mushrooms, capsicum in onion and tomato paste with the blend of spices. This can be made using less oil.
In the absence of sunlight or supplements, eating mushrooms is a good way to up your vitamin D levels, and the only vegetarian food source of vitamin D (Vitamin D deficiency is thought to be quite widespread in Britain). They are also a good source of B vitamins, which help provide energy by breaking down proteins, fats and carbohydrates, and play a key role in the nervous system.
Makes: 3 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
• Cleaned and chopped mushroom-200gms
• Cubed capsicum-1num
• Cubed onion-1num
• Corn flour/Starch-1tbsp
• Low fat milk-1/4 cup
For Kadai masala:
• Finely chopped onion-1num
• Finely chopped tomato-4num
• Slit Green chilli- 3-4 num
• Chopped Ginger-1/2inch
• Chopped Garlic-4pods
• Cumin/Jeera powder-1tsp
• Coriander powder-1/2tsp
• Garam masala powder-1tsp
• Chilli powder-1/2tsp (I used green chilli for the paste so check for the spice and then add if required)
• Coriander leaves-2tbsp + for garnishing
• Kasoori methi-1/2tsp
• Fennel Seeds/Sonfu – 1 tsp
• Salt as per taste.
• In a small bowl of Milk dissolve corn flour and set aside.(This increase the consistency of gravy)
For Stir fry:
• In a kadai saute Sliced Mushrooms, Diced Capsicum and Onion and saute until tender and crunchy (Oil is not added and can be included if desired
For Kadai gravy:
- Heat Oil in a Kadai add fennel seeds, ginger, garlic saute for few seconds.
- Now add chopped onion, slit green chilli and saute until onions are transulucent
- Add chopped tomato, and dry spices (Chilli powder, Jeera powder, Coriander powder, Garam Masala and Turmeric) saute until the raw flavours goes off and tomatoes are mushy
- Add cornflour and milk mixture and cook until thickens
- Now add stir fried Mushroom capsicum and Onion season with some salt and Kasoori Methi; Mix well and cook until veggies are coated and heated through.
- Turn off the flame and garnish with coriander.
• Just for low cal option haven’t used any oil to saute the gravy you can add if you wish to.
• Used green chilli in the gravy you can just use red chilli powder
• You can add cream in place of corn flour & milk
Posted on February 9, 2015, in Indian, Side dish and tagged drchdietfood, indianrecipe, low calorie Indian curry, Low calorie vegetarian Gravy, Mushroom Veg Curry. Bookmark the permalink. 24 Comments.