Sprouted bean lentil and oats – Cutlet/Pattie
The cutlets/patties are loaded with sprouted lentils beans oats and veggies. Fresh herbs and spices are added to make them extra flavourful. They can be served by itself with salads OR as a Pattie for a burger.
Sprouted grains unlike processed grains are extremely nutritious and provide a valuable part of any healthy diet. Sprouts grain with oats are significantly higher in protein, vitamins, enzymes, and the complex starches are converted into natural sugars. They are also low in GI, so they are digested more slowly by the body, keeping the blood sugar levels stable for longer.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Sprouts-1cup (Mixed sprouts like Brown lentils, Green mung bean and white wall beans)
- Finely chopped onion-1num
- Grated carrot-1/2cup
- Grated cabbage-1/2cup
- Green Chilli -3-4num
- Garlic -2 cloves
- Ginger – 1/2‘
- Chopped Coriander/Cilantro- a handful
- Salt-as per taste
- Oil- to roast cutlets
- Throw chilli, coriander, sprouts, garlic and ginger in the food processor and blend it to smooth
- Transfer the blended paste to the bowl, add grated carrot, cabbage, onion, chat masala, salt mix well
- Add oats and little at a time and mix until its thick.
- Make it into small ball of equal size and pat each of them to Pattie or cutler shape.
- Heat the pan over medium heat and grease some oil and place the Patties
- When the bottom turns golden brown flip and cook on the other side until golden brown
Serve hot with Salads/Coriander chutney
- If you find tough while blending sprouts add little water but make sure not to add more
- If your blended paste goes thin then add extra oats
- You can use any sprouts of choice
Posted on February 10, 2015, in Breakfast, Indian, Starters and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, Cutlet, drchdietfood, Healthy patties, Indian recipe, oats, Sprouts, Vegetarian Patties. Bookmark the permalink. 13 Comments.
I always wonder what I can do with sprouts other than salad, this looks amazing Chitra 🙂
Yes Malar – I had similar question about sprouts..somehow made an attempt to make this and it turned out good. So can have burgers guilt free
I made them & loved them so much!
I really love, love your tasty healthy recipes too! xxx
Thanks Sophie and so kind of you
🙂 xxx hugs!
Awesome Chitra, I was wondering how u get ides to create such magic in food:-)
Dear – Am blessed with people like yourself who motivates me..Thanks for your support
That looks healthy and delicious
does oats mean steel cut oats
LikeLiked by 1 person
I used rolled oats…Komal
These look really good Chitra!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you Lori… glad you liked it…good day…:)