Garlic Parsley flat bread
In this recipe tried hands to make Garlic bread with some variation. It is a flat bread with Parsley and Garlic spread.
Yields-2 medium sized breads
Preparation time-15 minutes
Waiting time-1 ½-2 hours
Baking time-15-20 minutes
- Whole wheat flour-2cups
- Dry active yeast-2tsp
- Warm water- 1 1/4cup
- Salt-to taste
- Garlic powder-1tbsp
- Onion powder-1/4tsp
- Olive oil-2tbsp + for brushing the base
- Garlic: 5 to 6 cloves
- Parsley – a small bunch
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – a pinch
For the dough:
- Dissolve yeast, honey in warm water and set aside for 5-10 minutes or until slightly frothy.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, salt, oil, wheat flour, garlic powder and onion powder mix well
- Slowly add the yeast mixture to the flour mixture and mix well until the dough comes together and knead for about 4-5 minutes. (the dough will be slightly sticky)
- Transfer the dough to the greased bowl and wrap with the plastic wrap and place in the warm place and allow to rise for about 1 ½-2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Place garlic, Parsley in a chopper and whizz until finely chopped.
- Stir in some olive oil and salt
- Set aside
- Pre-heat the oven at 220 deg C (Fan assited).
- Grease the baking tray/pizza tray and dust some flour/corn meal and keep aside.
- Take two rectangular baking sheet and grease some oil.
- Divide the pizza dough in half and roll out each into 2 rough rectangles (or lay out flatbread) on a baking prepared baking sheet.
- Brush some olive oil and place it on a prepared baking tray. Bake it for 12 – 14 minutes
- Remove the bread from Oven. Brush the Garlic spread and place it back in the oven and bake for another 2 – 3 minutes Or Until the crust is crunchy and brown
- Allow to cool slightly and sprinkle some crushed black pepper and serve hot.
- Toppings can be personalised as per the taste