Veg puffs using frozen Parathas
A perfect winter snack. This is such an easy recipe using Parathas. So all you have to do is just thaw them and fill it with choice of veggies. Serve with green Salad/chutney for a quick snack or as a starter.
Makes: 10 puffs
Baking time: 18-20 minutes
• Frozen parathas -5 (1 pack thawed)
• Chopped potatoes – 3 medium
• Finely chopped onion-1num
• Finely chopped carrot-1 small
• Peas-1/4cup (frozen/ fresh)
• Ground Cinnmon – 1/2 tsp
• Nut mug – 1/2 tsp
• Chilli powder-1tsp
• Ginger garlic paste-2tsp
• Coriander powder-1/2tsp
• Lemon juice-as per taste
• Salt-as per taste
Prepare the filling:
• Heat oil in a pan, add onions, ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell of ginger garlic goes away.
• Add chopped potatoes and cook for 4 – 5 minutes.
• Add Carrots and saute for a minute or two
• Now add dry spices – Coriander powder, Red chilli powder. Mi x and cook for another 2 minutes.
• Then toss in frozen peas, salt, Nutmug and Cinnamon. Cook until all veggies are cooked and blends well with spices
• Turn off the flame and stir in lemon juice.
• Keep the stuffing aside and let come to room temperature.
• Pre-heat the oven for 200deg c (Fan assited), grease and line a baking tray
• Take the thawed parathas and cut into halves.
• Take each half, spoon a little of the filling on one half of each cut portion and brush some water over edges and press using fork.
• Brush the puffs with milk and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 deg c for 20-25 minutess OR until golden brown.
Serve hot with Mint Chutney.
• You can use chat masala instead of kitchen king masala/ any spices of your choice
• You can use any vegetables of your choice