Dudi gobi palak sabzi (Bottlegourd,Cauliflower and spinach Curry)
This sabzi is packed with full of healthy veggies bursting with flavour and deliciously warming dish. Cauliflower is too dense and thick a vegetable to cook properly in a wok from raw, so it’s precooked first. Serve this curry with steamed basmati rice or toasted chapati or pita bread to catch all the savory sauce.
Bottle gourd is rich in dietary fiber with very low content of fat and cholesterol. Approximately 96% of bottle gourd is water and is therefore a great thirst quencher. Apart from the iron content it is also rich in vitamin B and vitamin C. it also contains sodium, potassium, essential minerals and trace elements.
Preparation time-20 minutes
Cooking time-20 minutes
- Diced bottle gourd-2cups
- Cauliflower florets- 3 cups (blanched in hot water for 5minutes)
- Spinach-1bunch (cleaned and chopped)
- chopped onion-1medium
- chopped tomato-1medium
- Grated ginger-1tsp
- Minced garlic-3cloves
- Green chillies-3
- Red chillies-2
- Cumin seeds-1tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2tsp
- Cumin powder-1tsp
- Ground cinnamon-1/2tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Lemon juice-to taste
- Chopped coriander/pomegranate
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, ginger, garlic, red chillies saute for few seconds.
- Add onion, green chilles, and saute untilonions are translucent, add tomatoes and saute until mushy.
- Add turmeric, cumin powder and saute for a minute.
- Now add cauliflower, bottle gourd and cook until tender.
- Once cauliflower and bottlegourd are tender add chopped spinach, salt, ground cinnamon simmer
- As it cooks and coated well turn off the flame and drizzle some lemon juice.
Serve hot with
Oats and Flaxseed rotis (Zero Oil)
- Alternatively Frozen Cauliflower florets can also be used.
- I retained the skin of the bottle gourd- you can peel the skin and use it.