Oats and Flaxseed Roti: (zero oil)
A simple Indian flat bread recipe, which is customised to make it healthy with an addition of oats and flaxseeds.
Oats are heart healthy diet which could lower the risk of heart disease. The potential health benefits include reducing the risk of coronary artery disease and lowering the levels of cholestrol.
Flaxseed are rich in micro nutrients, dietry fibre and Omega3. They also can help lower the risk of diabetes, cancer and heart disease. This is kids friendly as it increases the mental wellbeing and strengthens immune system.
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minuites
- Whole wheat flour/atta-1cup
- Powdered oats-1cup
- Ground flaxseed – 2tbsp
- Warm water-1cup (or as required to form a dough)
- Combine wheat flour, powdered oats, Flaxseed and salt in a bowl, gradually add water and knead to form soft dough.
- Cover with a wet muslin cloth/ kitchen towel and set aside for 15-20minutes.
- Divide the dough to equal portions of golf ball size and roll each portion to 5” diameter round using a little wheat flour while rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava and drop gently rolled chapatti and let it cook for only 10-15 seconds then gently flip to the second side.
- Cook on the second side until small bubbles begin to form. Turn back to the first side and finish cooking.
Enjoy warm with Low oil or Zero oil curries/gravies (Recipes link click here)
- Drizzle some oil while cooking chapatti if required
- Store in an air tight container
Posted on November 10, 2014, in Indian, Main dish and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, flazseed recipes, Kids Chapatis, Kids friendly recipe, linseed recipes, Oats chapatti, Oats recipes Indian, Zero oil chapatti, Zero oil Indian bread. Bookmark the permalink. 20 Comments.