White bean mint flavoured curry
A hearty,healthy rustic curry. This particular curry is a blend of aromatic spices, ginger, garlic and mint. Excellent one to start with because of its creamy consistency and mild taste, even kids will love it.
White kidney beans — so named due to their convex shape that resembles the kidney — are among the best foods for helping you lose weight due to their high fiber content, which leaves you feeling full for longer and keeps food cravings at bay. Adding them to your diet offers a variety of health benefits such as promoting digestive health and preventing heart disease
Preparation time-10 minutes
Soaking time-6-8 hours
Cooking time-30-35 minutes
- White bean/navy beans/cannellini beans-1cup
- Cumin seeds-1tsp
- Kasuri methi/dried fenugreek leaves-1tsp
- Coriander powder-1tsp
- Chilli powder-1tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Fresh mint leaves- 1/4cup
- Chopped onion-1medium
- Chopped tomatoes-2 medium
- Garlic- 3-4cloves
- Ginger-1/2 inch
- Green chillies-2-3
- Cinnamon-1inch stick
- Star anise-2 petals
- Fennel seeds-1 tsp
- Rinse and soak beans overnight or atleast 6 hours.
- After soaking time drain, rinse again and set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients mentioned under the “grinding table” in a food processor or blender – blend it to smooth puree and set aside.
- In a pressure cooker heat oil on medium.
- Add cumin seeds, kasuri methi. dried fenugreek leaves and sauté for few seconds.
- Add ground puree and saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Add in all dry spices-(turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder) and mix for few seconds.
- Add soaked and rinsed beans, salt and 21/2-3 cups of water cover the lid and cook for 4-5 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot by garnishing with fresh cilantro/coriander or seasoning of choice.
Serve this curry with Indian breads.
Naan without yeast (Oats and wheat flour)
- If the curry is too thick add little water and bring it to boil again