Layered Crackers Canapés/Chats
This is a quick snack which can be called as Chaat / Canapés. Chaat is an Indian snacks which has some crackers or puffed rice or fried noodles with beans/sprouts tossed with onions, tomatoes and different chutneys.
These are similar to canapés which are super quick to make. You can also do this with the ready made wafer canapés/salt biscuit/crackers too.
Homemade chutney, red onions, tomatoes, carrots and cilantro and crunchy crackers are probably the best way to eat them.
Preparation time-15 minutes
- Layered crackers – 6 (I used home made crackers and link below)
- Finely chopped onion-1medium
- Grated carrot- 1medium
- Finely chopped tomato-1medium
- Puffed rice-1cup
- Black Salt- 1/2tsp (substitute with table salt)
- Tamarind chutney- 3-4tbsp
- Green chutney-3-4tbsp
- Chaat masala- 2tsp
- Chilli powder-1tsp
- Chopped coriander/cilantro- for garnishing
- Sev and roasted penuts can be used for serving.
- In a bowl combine onion, carrot, tomato, puffed rice, black salt and set aside.
I used home made Layered crackers:
- In a plate arrange 2 crackers; Spread Green chutney, tamarind chutney on each as per the sweet and spice preferred.
- Now top with 1-2 tbsp of puffed rice mixture, sprinkle a generous pinch of chaat masala, red chilli powder.
- Top it with fresh coriander, Sev, peanuts (if using).