Whole wheat Phudina/Mint Kulchas (Yeast free)
Kulchas are thick and they fluff up like phulkas. In this Kuclahs have used whole wheat flour and flavoured with mint. This delicious freshly made Kulchas are yeatst free and easy to make. I crushed mint and garlic to disseminate its flavour in each bite.
I served them with Bottle gourd/Dudi Koftas. Please serve with other gravies of your choice…(Click here for Zero oil gravies)
Makes: 8-10 Kulchas
Cooking time: 10-12 minutes
Waiting time: 1-2 hrs
Preparation time: 15 minutes
• Whole wheat flour – 2 cups
• Mint – 1/4cup
• Garlic – 4pods
• Baking powder – 1tsp
• Baking soda -1 /2tsp
• Low fat yogurt – 1/2cup
• Olive oil -2 tbsp
• Finley chopped coriander -2 tbsp
• Salt- as per taste
• Crush/Finely chop Mint and Garlic.
• In a large bowl combine wheat flour, salt, baking powder, soda and mix well.
• Then add crushed mint-garlic, oil, Yogurt and mix well.
• Add warm water in batches until the flour comes together into a dough.
• Knead the dough for 5-8 minutes on the floured surface until its smooth and pliable.
• Grease a bowl and roll the dough into it and rest for 1-2hrs
• Then divide the dough into 8-10 equal balls; Roll the dough with the help of little flour to make 4- 5”circles.
• Heat the non-stick pan and transfer the rolled dough on to the pan and cook until it starts to puff up and turn on the other side and cook until a brown spots appear (approx. 1-2mins)
• Flip on the other side if required and cook both sides till its slightly brownish in colour.
• Transfer to a plate
Serve hot with any of side dish of your choice.
• Apply some butter before serving if you wish to.
• Can skip mint and try just plain kulchas.
Posted on October 28, 2014, in Indian, Main dish and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Indian bread, Kulchas whole wheat, Mint Pudhina, Yeast free kulchas. Bookmark the permalink. 13 Comments.