Oats and wheat eggless brownies
Brownies are one of my favourite desserts (add pretty much any other dessert to that list….I have a serious sweet tooth!). I love them plain, frosted, with nuts, without nuts, topped with a giant mound of ice cream, you name it..
These brownies are chewy, chocolaty and coffee flavoured, reduced fat, and egg free! What more could you ask for in an eggless brownie…or any brownie at that? I love my brownies dense and rich with a crispy crust.
Preparation time-10 minutes
Baking time-25-30 minutes
- Wheat flour-1cup
- Powdered oats-1/2cup
- Unsweetened cocoa powder-1/4cup
- Instant coffee-2tbsp dissolved in warm water
- Brown sugar-3/4cup (or as sweet desired)
- Baking powder-1tsp
- Baking soda-1/2tsp
- Salt- 1/8tsp
- Vegetable oil-3tbsp
- Vanilla essence-1tsp
- Warm water-1/2cup or more for the batter)
- Pre-heat the oven at 180deg C. grease 9” square or round pan.
- Sift wheat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and mix well.
- Now in other bowl combine wet ingredients-oil, yogurt, vanilla essence, sugar beat well until blended and then stir in dissolve coffee mixture.
- Now fold in flour mixture into wet ingredients until combined and then add warm water as desired to form a batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30minutes or until the tooth pick inserted comes out clear.
- Feel free to use plain flour alternatively to wheat flour .