Spiced Potato Chips – Baked
Looking for a light snack that won’t make you shudder with guilt? In 30 minutes, you can have a batch of deliciously seasoned, guilt-free, baked Chips. I added plenty of paprika to my baked potato chips but it can be altered as per the spice preferred. A thin layer of extra virgin olive oil is brushed on both sides to crisp them up and turn the color a gorgeous golden brown.
Preparation time-10 minutes
Waiting time-15 minutes
Cooking time/baking time-14-16 minutes
- Russet potato-3
- Olive oil-for tossing
- Salt- to taste
- Garlic powder- 1/4tsp
- Paprika/chilli powder- as per spice desired
- Apple cider vinegar-1tbsp
- Peel the potato using a peeler and then slice the potatoes (be sure they’re not too thin or thick)
- Soak the potato in water for few 5-10minutes. After soaking rinse the water and pat dry the slices in a paper towel.
For baking chips:
- Pre-heat the oven at 200deg C (fan assisted), grease a baking tray and set aside.
- In a bowl mix a tablespoon of olive oil with salt, vinegar, season with the spices and toss in pat dried potato slices until coated well.
- Place the coated potato slices on the prepared baking tray in one layer. Bake for about 10 minutes, flip and then again bake for 4-5 minutes OR until golden brown.
- Gently remove the chips and place on a cooling rack or a parchment paper, let them cool for few minutes and they are ready to serve.
- For kids you can skip the spices and sprinkle them with their favourite flavours like Vinegar/Lemon Juice…
- Spices can be personalised as per the taste.
- Make sure the slices are thin to get a crisper chips
Posted on June 17, 2015, in Appetizers, Indian, International, Starters and tagged Bachelor recipes, Baked Chips, Baked snacks, Healthy homemade chips, party snacks, potato recipes, Snack time recipes, Spiced chips. Bookmark the permalink. 71 Comments.