C3 Stuffed Paratha
Tasty indian bread Stuffed with Cabbage, Carrot and Caulifolwer (C3) is a new combination. Stuffed with lightly cooked, crunchy spiced veggies. These parathas can be enjoyed during snack time, for breakfast or even a wonderful accompaniment with the meal.
Cabbage is rich in vitamin c, carrots are rich in vitamin A. Cabbage and carrots are rich in beta-carotene which helps in improved vision.
Makes: 7-8 parathas
Cooking time: 18-20 minutes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Whole wheat flour-1cup
- Warm water-1/2cup/ as required
- Oil-1tsp+for cooking parathas
- Flour- for dusting
- Grated Carrot-3 medium
- Grated Cabbage-1 cup
- Grated Cauliflower-1/2 cup
- Finely chopped onion-1 num
- Green chilli paste-2 tsp
- Garlic paste-2tsp
- Chat masala-1/2tsp
- Amchoor powder/dry mango powder-1/2tsp
- Garam masala-1/2tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Finely chopped cilantro-a handful
- In a mixing bowl combine wheat flour, salt and knead to the soft pliable dough by adding warm water.
- Wrap it with the wet muslin cloth and keep it aside for 15-20 minutes.
- After resting drizzle some oil and knead the dough again till smooth elastic.
- Keep aside
- Heat oil in a broad non-stick pan add onions, chilli paste, garlic paste and saute on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add grated cabbage, carrot and cauliflower and saute on a medium flame for another 2-3 minutes
- Add garam masala, chat masala, dry mango powder, salt mix well and cook for a minute
- Remove from the flame, let it cool down
- As it cools down add finely chopped cilantro mix well and divide into 7- 8 equal portions.
- Keep aside.
To make parathas:
- Take the dough and roll out into small 3”diameter circle using a little dry flour for dusting
- Place a portion of stuffing in the centre and bring all the edges together seal and roll it again to the 6”diameter circle
- Heat a non-stick tava and cook the parathas by drizzling some oil till it turns golden brown in colour from both sides.
- Repeat the same with the remaining dough and stuffing.
- Serve hot with:
- You can even use chilli powder instead of chilli paste
Posted on June 30, 2015, in Indian, Main dish and tagged cabbage stuffed paratha, Carrot stuffed paratha, Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Healthy stuffed Paratha, Indian flat bread, Stuffed Indian bread, Veggies stuffed Paratha. Bookmark the permalink. 57 Comments.