Ginger Cucumber Raita/Dip
There are number of variations of the basic recipe for raita, the famous Indian yogurt and cucumber condiment that accompanies every meal.
Aside from being a great party dip, this gingery yogurt dip is also delicious served with roasted veggies, rice dishes and goes very well with chips as well. Chopping /grating the ginger is the trick that brings out ginger’s punch. Best served chilled.
Preparation time-10 minutes
- Finely chopped/grated cucumber- 1/2medium/1 small
- Grated ginger-1tbsp
- Natural yogurt-1 ½-2cup
- Finely chopped/minced green chillies-1
- Ground cumin-1/2tsp
- Chopped cilantro/coriander- a handful
- Black salt- 1/2tsp (can be replaced with table/sea salt)
- Add yogurt, black salt, ground cumin, chillies and ginger to a mixing bowl and whisk well.
- Add cucumber, cilantro/coriander and mix well.
- Refrigerate for about 20-30minutes.
- Sprinkle some red chilli powder to garnish
- I included the seeds of cucumber but you can discard the seeds if desired.