Avocado potato cutlets/patties
These potato avocado burgers are a nutritional jackpot! Even better, they’re quick to make, a fantastic food prep staple, and so tasty — you and your entire family will love them and dinner will be served in under 20 minutes! This recipe will appeal to a savory craving or two and double as a quick weeknight dinner your entire family will love
They are great on top of a salad, as an appetizer with a nice dipping sauce, or make them slightly larger and serve on a bun as a tempting veggie burger.
Avocado with nearly 22 grams of fat in a single cup of fresh avocado, you might dismiss this creamy green fruit as being too fattening. But the fat in avocados is the monounsaturated variety, packed with potential benefits. Unlike other kinds of fat, monounsaturated fats are able to raise HDL, or “good,” cholesterol, while lowering LDL, or “bad,” cholesterol levels
Yields-8-10 (depending on the size
Preparation time-10 minutes
Waiting time-20-30 minutes
Cooking time-10-12 minutes
- Boiled potatoes-2medium
- Ripe avocado-1large (seeded and scooped)
- Oats-1/2-3/4cup (depending on the consistency)
- Chopped dill leaves-1/2cup
- Minced green chillies-2-3 (adjust as per the spice preferred)
- Minced garlic-2cloves
- Lime juice-1-2tbsp (to prevent oxidation of avocado)
- Salt- to taste
- Oil- for toasting cutlets/patties
- Mash boiled potatoes, avocado in a bowl.
- Add oats, dill leaves, minced garlic, green chillies, salt, lime juice to the potato-avocado and mix well until completely combined.
- Shape into 4-6patties cover and refrigerate for at least 20-30 minutes.
- When ready to cook, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, brush some oil to the skillet; place a few of the patties and cook on medium-high heat until the bottoms are deep brown.
- Turn once and let the other side brown up, brush up some oil all around to ensure a crips crust.
- Once done, serve hot with
- Oats helps in binding so if the mixture is soggy add oats and set aside of 5 minutes so that the mixture oats absorbs moisture.
- Quantity of oats can be adjusted as per the consistency.
Posted on October 12, 2015, in Indian and tagged avocado patties, Avocado snacks, avocados burgers, Healthy Breakfast ideas, healthy snacks ideas, Healthy starters, pan fried cutlet. Bookmark the permalink. 61 Comments.