Palak/ spinach mango rice
It’s packed with nutritious spinach, tanginess of mango, crunchy almonds and toothy rice.
This Rice is perfect as a lunch box meal, variety rice or even as a main during those boring afternoons when you are done with the usual recipes. The punch of mango flavor does give this rice a unique taste and this is sure to make you drool and asking for more.
Spinach has an extremely high nutritional value and is rich in antioxidants. It is a good source of vitamins A, B2, C and K, and also contains magnesium, manganese, folate, iron, calcium and potassium.
Cooking time-15 minutes (Assume rice is ready)
- Brown rice-1cup (can be substituted with regular white rice or Bulgur)
- Chopped onion-2medium
- Grated green mango-1 medium
- Finely Chopped spinach-1bunch
- Finely chopped green chillies-3
- Curry leaves-10-12
- Mustard seeds-1tsp
- Cumin seeds-1tsp
- Urad dal/black gram-2tsp
- Channa dal-2tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Lemon juice-to taste (optional)
- Chopped fresh coriander
- Roasted peanuts/any nuts of choice
- Spread hot cooked rice on a broad plate and allow it to cool completely.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and as it splutters, add cumin seeds, urad dal, channa dal and saut for few seconds.
- Now add chopped onion and sauté for a minute or two/until translucent.
- Add grated mango, salt, turmeric and sauté for a minute or two.
- Then add chopped spinach and saute for a minutes.
- Add cooked rice and give it a good stir and let it cook for 2-3minutes/ until heated through on a medium flame.
- Turn off the flame- stir in lemon juice, garnish with nuts and coriander.
Serve hot with Peanut chutney
- Make sure to use green mango not the ripe one, the quantity of mango can be increased or decreased depending on the tanginess.
- Spices can also be personalised as per the taste.
- Lemon juice can be skipped if the mango is tangy enough for the taste.
Posted on October 1, 2015, in Indian, Main dish and tagged bachelor's recipe, brown rice easy recipes, easy breakfast recipe, food photography, mango palak recipes, mango recipes, one pot meal, spinach recipes, spinach stir fry rice. Bookmark the permalink. 53 Comments.