Babycorn Squash/pumpkin Korma – Zero-oil
A creamy Indian korma that combines ground whole spices with succulent squash/pumpkin and baby corn cooked in coconut milk.
Korma (a mild and creamy Indian curry) is high on our list of ultimate comfort foods. And this korma, without doubt, is the best we’ve ever tasted. Surprisingly, it was also the quickest and easiest korma we’ve ever made.
Health benefits of Pumpkin/Squash:
Squash is one of the most versatile and delicious vegetables available throughout the world, and it also packs a serious punch in terms of healthy and medicinal benefits. Different varieties of squash have the ability to improve the quality of your sight, boost skin health, strengthen the immune system, prevent cancer, manage symptoms of diabetes, build strong bones, protect heart health, reduce symptoms of insomnia, prevent inflammatory conditions, treat arthritis,
The aromatics that waft from this recipe will drive the family crazy with succulent Pumpkin and baby corn.
Preparation time-15 minutes
Cooking time-20 minutes
- Pumpkin/squash- 1 cup (peeled and diced)
- Baby corn- 12-15 (cut into 2-3 inch cylindrical pieces)
- Frozen peas-1/2 cup
- Low-fat coconut milk-1 cup
- Turmeric-1/2 tsp
- Kasuri methi/Dry fenugreek leaves-1 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Roughly chopped onion-1 medium
- Chopped Tomato-1 medium
- Desiccated coconut-2 tbsp
- Cinnamon-1 inch stick
- Pepper corns-5-6
- Green chilies-3
- Garlic-2 cloves
- Ginger-1/2 inch
- Fennel seeds-1 tsp
- Chopped coriander/cilantro- a handful
- Steam cook Baby corn, squash until tender and cooked(approx 8-10 minutes)
- Add all the ingredients mentioned under the grinding table to the blender/food processor and blend to a smooth paste by adding little water.
- Add ground paste in a sauce pan and cook on a low flame for 6-8 minutes or until slightly thickens.
- Add coconut milk, turmeric, salt and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add steamed baby corn, squash/pumpkin, peas and simmer for another 4-5 minutes or veggies are coated well with the gravy.
- Turn off the flame and garnish with coriander.
- Combination of veggies can be personalized
- Since I used coconut milk –tried to avoid oil